I love you Nintendo, but...

I love you Nintendo, but...
Keri's thoughts on the 3DS.

New 'Super 8' Trailer

New 'Super 8' Trailer
Dylan loves some Abrams.

Two Kobe Bryants

Two Kobe Bryants
Tom lays some truth.

Where's Green Lantern's Ads?

Where's Green Lantern's Ads?
Aaron's greatest fear!

Holiday Special: Staff Wish Lists-Dylan L.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

By now you've probably read Butler's killer holiday wish list, as he got the ball rolling for us and our special articles this week. We here are Words Finest like to think we're still kids at heart in a lot of respects, so behold...the holiday wish list! I may be past wanting the newest kick-ass RC car (I once had one that featured the spitting dinosaur in the back of a truck...it spit water!) or the newest toy craze, but I still get glossy eyed at some sweet stuff.

Check out my list and stay tuned for lists from Aaron and Keri!




Must own DVD: LOST-The Complete Collection on Blu-Ray
Look at that beautiful packaging...

I am full-blown Lost-ite, I won't even deny it. The wildly popular sci-fi/drama/thriller wrapped up earlier this year in a truly epic finale that split fans down the middle (I was on the "love" side). I tell everyone who hasn't seen the show to get with the program already (it's worked on a few), and what better chance than to get this epic collection of the entire series on blu-ray and spread the word? Not only are all the seasons included, but there are over 3 hours of bonus footage (I'm a geek for behind-the-scenes and other special features), a replica of the backgammon-style game of light and dark favored by Jacob and his mysterious brother, an ankh inspired by the strange Egyptian-like mythology shown all around the island and a whole lot more. And it all comes in a badass case!



Biggest "In my dreams" Gift: The Gibson Robot Guitar



I'll go ahead and start by saying I'm one of those people who will forever argue that Gibson guitars beat the hell out of Fenders, especially in looks (Les Paul>Stratocaster). Here's where Gibson really excels...the Robot Guitar. Right away, you have to love it for it's name. And it actually is kind of a robot! It features a tuning system that does everything for you-all you do is pull out a knob and it TUNES ITSELF. And not just your standard...Drop D, you name it. That might not sound that impressive, but if you're a musician and/or a guitar player you know that tuning and staying in tune can be a giant pain in the ass. With this beauty, you tune it once and it keeps itself in tune. Oh hell yes. It also features the best pickups in the world, amongst other awesome stuff. Way out of my price range but I'll get it some day...as Wayne Campbell said of his own dream guitar: "It will be mine...oh yes. It will be mine."

Most Desired Film Trailer Debut: The Adventures of Tintin
Perhaps you read my previous article on why you should read the classic Tintin series in anticipation of the film being made by Stephen Spielberg and Peter Jackson. If not, you should know that I've been excited for this film since it was a mere mumble passing it's way across the interwebs. I grew up reading the series and I still love the hell out of it-it's a classic series of adventure globe-trotting beautifully drawn and very well written. Spielberg and Jackson have decided to create the film in motion-capture animation (a la The Polar Express) in order to honor Herge's look of the series, which is already a great sign. The first released stills (courtesy of Empire magazine) already look brilliant...so naturally, I can hardly wait for a trailer! No word yet on when it's released but I can hardly wait...

That's all for me...stay tuned this week for Aaron and Keri's list, and check out Butler's if you haven't!

Happy holidays everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

2010 ·WordsFinest ...Greetings from Boulder